1713 US Hwy 441 N, Suite D
Okeechobee, FL 34972
States and Countries Dr. Heller’s Patients are From:
Patients come from all over the country and abroad for an evaluation of the BPD and other disorders of Biological Unhappiness.
The map below shows the states patients have come from to see Dr. Heller as a patient (colored in green):
For patients coming to Okeechobee, Florida for a “Biological Unhappiness” evaluation, including the BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder):
1) Please understand that this is a regular medical practice, and while the necessary time will be spent, it will likely be interrupted due to the need to see many other patients. New patients are usually booked out three months in advanced. It is important that you schedule your appointment as soon as possible. We do have a waiting list and will call you if there is any new patient openings earlier.
2) The cost of treatment varies. We do take most insurances. Call the office for more information.
3) One or two family members are encouraged to be in the room with the patient (anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult). It is acceptable to record the session(s). If language is a problem, please provide a concerned and competent translator. Some of the time will be spent reading.
4) There will be many forms to fill out, please follow the directions completely. You may get these forms in advance to save time.
5) With rare exception, the patient will only need to be seen initially, one or two days later, and then approximately 1 week later. Some may benefit from an additional week, particularly those with attention deficit disorder. Some patients want the educational opportunity to be seen daily, most want to be seen only for the most important issues. If you are traveling to see us, we recommend that you plan to stay at least 1 week.
6) Please understand that it’s unusual for an individual to have ONLY the BPD. The other diagnoses also need to be made and treated as part of the treatment plan.
7) The best hotels to stay in are the Holiday Inn Express (863) 357-3529 or Hampton Inn (863) 824-0003. There are two motels that are within walking distance which are the Economy Inn (863) 763-1148 and Travelers Inn (863) 763-3146. Restaurant choices are limited. Okeechobee is less than two hours away from the ocean and all Orlando area attractions. The closest airports are West Palm Beach (1.5 hours away) and Orlando (2 hours away).
8) A summary of the diagnoses and what should be done will be given to you, and copies of your notes will be made available for you upon request. This plan can be followed by your health care providers at home.